Extensive, interactive review of sensory methods for execution and analysis of acceptance/preference, descriptive, and discrimination tests
The enjoyment of food, as well as the acceptance of flavors and fragrances in pharmaceutical and other consumer products, is closely related to the senses, especially taste, aroma and texture. Sensory Evaluation is a dynamic field concentrating on the utilization of humans for the measurement of sensory perceptions and their effect on food and taste acceptance.
This course is designed to assist you as you select, conduct, analyze and interpret sensory evaluation methods. You will learn about sensory physiology, method selection, discriminative and descriptive testing, preference and acceptance testing and statistical analysis of data. An important feature of the course is the laboratory/demonstration sessions in which you will participate.
Who Should Attend
This course is for those who need to design and conduct sensory evaluation tests within the consumer products industry. The course presents a general overview of sensory methods with consideration given to method specifics including data analysis and interpretation. Those who have benefited from this course include: Food Technologists, Technical and Managerial Personnel, Cosmetics Chemists, Sensory Scientists and Laboratory Technicians who are responsible for sample prep and presentation.
About the Course
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply basic physiological & psychological principles underpinning sensory test methods
- Identify methods needed to measure sensory product differences and similarities
- Comprehend the statistical principles and techniques for data analysis
- Define sensory evaluation techniques and their application for conducting sensory research in corporate and academic settings
- Specify the steps necessary in conducting a sensory test, from clarifying the objectives to interpreting results
September 25—28, 2017
4 Day Course
Course Fee: Course Fee & Location Information — The Center for Professional Advancement: Please visit CFPA or call (732) 613-4500 to register, view pricing and submit payments. Sensory Spectrum registration discounts do not apply. Sponsored, organized and held by the Center for Professional Advancement at the The Heldrich, New Brunswick, New Jersey